Friday, February 19, 2010

GoG 41: The Child's Touch

I got to Brookside Church last Thursday, the 11th .... and after dropping off the food, Hannah Crane (little Hannah ... 7 years old ... from after school) grabbed my hand and just held on tight. She followed me to my car and everything.

There is something about a child's touch. Many people know me as "the girl who doesn't like to be touched." This is true to some extent ... but I've gotten a lot better. I've even grown to really enjoy hugs from most people ... especially friends. But for a long time, I've loved the touch of little kids. Their touches are so pure and empowering and dear to me.

And when they run and give you a hug or grab your hand and hold on for dear life .... sometimes, if they just say your name .... at least for me, it's like a little piece of heaven. Or ... grace. :)

No comments: