Friday, February 19, 2010

GoG 48: The NOW

God has been teaching me about NOW lately.

God wants me to live for the NOW .... instead of worrying about my future.

And it's not always worry.

Sometimes, it's just me dwelling too much on what is gonna happen. I don't know what is gonna happen ... but I find myself thinking about it too much.

Perhaps I'm not worrying .... but I'm getting caught up ... I'm distracted.

I'm not living for today.

Last night, I went to a college-age Bible study with a friend .... and I laughed on the inside while we were watching a video (Rob Bell ... a pretty cool motivational speaker) about leadership ... specifically church leadership ... but leadership in general. I laughed because Mr. Rob was talking about God giving us a job .... and then when we finish that job, He gives us another one. And when we finish that job, He gives us another one. And so on and so forth. .... One step at a time. One day at a time. One job at a time. .... It was just another reminder that God wants me to live for the NOW ... and I think He wants that for all of us. Sure, we need to be observant. We need to seek God for our futures. But God doesn't want us to get so distracted with the "laters" that we miss the NOW. And God cares about me and His plan for my life enough that He will remind me of this lesson over and over again until I get it. Wow .... now, that's grace, yo!!!

No comments: