Friday, February 19, 2010

GoG 44: The V-Day Party

Last Sunday, Calvary had its 4th annual Parents Night Out/Kids Valentine's Day Party. I've been organizing it and leading it for the past 3 years, and it's always a good time. We keep the kids in the sanctuary playing games, running around like crazy people, listening to music, doing crafty stuff, and we feed 'em dinner. All the while, the parents go out for a night on the town.

My GoG for Sunday was all of the help I received with the event. I made it a youth group service project ... I asked all of my kids to come help with the event. .... They didn't have to come ... but they did. Just about everyone was there. It was great to see my kids there serving the church by loving on the kids. And it was fun to laugh with them too ... we laughed quite a bit, which is always good.

And afterwards, several parents (and nearly all of the youth) stayed to help tear tape and decorations off the walls, put the chairs back in order, do the dishes, vacuum the floors, and make sure the kids didn't kill each other in the clean-up process. .... It was such a blessing to have so much help .... and just another hint of God's great grace in my life. :)

No comments: