Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Get To Know You Quiz ... yet another one

I really like these kinds of quizzes. You may not have time to fill these questions out, but if you do ... at some point in time ... answer 'em, and send 'em back to me ... or just put 'em on your own blog! :)

Here are my answers ....

The Get To Know You Quiz :)

Why were you given your particular name?
Ha! This question is asked of me all the time ... and until recently, I never knew what to say. I'm sure I've asked my mom why my name is Mical before just recently ... but I must've forgotten. So here's the story.
Michael Landon Jr. Heard of him? He's directed some things. The man who played Charles Ingalls on Little House on the Prairie - his son .... married a woman named Mical. My mom thought it was cool. So that became my name.

How many brothers and sisters do you have?
I have one younger brother. He is exactly two years younger than I am because we have the same birthday - March 6th. Cool, huh? :)

What is your favorite thing to do?
Go to church! I love my Calvary family ... and being with them, worshiping God together, getting into His word together, talking with them, loving on them and on the kids/youth ... oh! It's my favorite!!!!! By far!

What is your favorite food?
Potatoes - baked, fried, mashed .... ooo, yummy!

What is your favorite book?
My Bible.

What is your favorite candy bar?
Candy bar - The Crunch Bar ... Candy - M&Ms

What is your favorite cookie?
Double Chocolate Chip!!!

What is your favorite sport?
To play? Volleyball. To watch? Football.

What is your favorite kind of music?
Southern Gospel, fo sho!!!! Bring on the Gaither Vocal Band, yo! Well .... when David is in the band! ;)

What is your favorite song?
Wow! That is a tough thing to narrow down. At the moment, Funky Jesus Music by TobyMac is my favorite!

What do you want to be when you grow up?
Someone who honors Jesus. .... More specifically? Working with kids and youth in pretty much any capacity.

How many kids do you want when you get married?
At least 4. I wouldn't mind having 6 or 7!!!

What is your favorite temple?
Temple? What a weird question. What kind of temple? I'm a temple of the Holy Spirit. Calvary could be considered a temple. Umm ... ???

What place you would like to know about?
The Church where my future husband grew up ... and then the church where my future husband is faithful to.

What place would you like to visit?
New Zealand!!!! Oh, yeah!

What is your favorite thing about your mom?
She perseveres probably more than anyone I know.

What is your favorite thing about your dad?
He is incredibly selfless.

What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I am faithful ... to any and every job, person, thing - big or small.

Do you like to sing?
Oh, yeah!!! All the time!

Do you like to dance?
Oh my, yes! A lot!

Do you like to play a musical instrument?
Yes. I'm just not very coordinated with the guitar .... or rather .... I struggle with rhythm.

What musical instruments can you play?
Piano and guitar ... only a little though.

What is your favorite type of art?
Music!!!!

Have you ever seen a broadway musical? Do you like theater?
Nope ... and Yes.

Do you like building things?
Small things like crafts, as my SoZo kids like to call 'em.

What would you like to learn about cars?
How to change the oil.

What would you like to teach others about?
Being faithful to Jesus, how to encourage people every single day :)

What are three adjectives which describe you?
Faithful, passionate, energetic

How would your friend describe you to someone who has never seen you?
Outgoing, excitable, loves Jesus

In five years, what kind of person will you be?
Someone who honors Jesus with her life ... an overcomer, content, a stronger encourager

In ten years, what kind of person will you be?
All of the things above at a deeper level ... a sage.

What do you want to be doing in five years?
Beginning/continuing a family ... starting homeschooling ... loving my husband ... continuing to grow deeply in Jesus

What do you want to be doing in ten years?
The same as above at a deeper level ... continuing a family (maybe be done having kids, maybe not - ha!) ... loving my husband even more than 5 years ago ... growing even more deeply in Jesus than 5 years ago

What are your favorite subjects in school?
Physical Education and Choir .... and English class too. ;)

When you have an hour of free time, what do you like to do?
Take a nap, check my mail, watch an episode of Chuck, listen to music

What is your favorite church movie?
Church movie? Does Fireproof count? ... To Save a Life was good too. ... If that's what you mean by "church movie."

What is the strangest thing you ever did?
Camp alone for 2 nights and 3 days .... does that count for strange? People told me I was crazy for doing it! ... I can't think of anything else.

What is the strangest food you ever ate?
Sushi is probably the weirdest thing I've eaten ... or something from Dim Sum ... a very authentic Chinese place. Gross.

1 comment:

bmhs said...

"Being faithful to Jesus, how to encourage people every single day :)"

You've got a good start on this one, my friend! :)

Alex