Saturday, April 3, 2010

GoG 91: The Lack of Vulnerability

Yesterday, I was reminded to be vulnerable.

I have been hurt in the past ... some of it was my fault; some of it was not. Hurt happens when you live your life. Period. You MUST move on from EVERY hurt so that you can LIVE your life. .... But I've been reminded a few times in the past couple of weeks that I have NOT moved on completely from past hurts. And I MUST move on.

My mom told me that I've put my guard up.
"And rightly so ... to some extent. But I think your guard is up a little too much."

And I needed to hear that. I don't know these things in and of myself. God's been bringing people into my life to show me my weaknesses (my lack of vulnerability in this case ... and hanging on to things that don't matter anymore as well). And what a good thing! God cares about me enough to keep pushin' on those tender spots of my heart. By His grace, He wants me to move on and LIVE my life to the fullest ... that ABUNDANT life He talks about in John 10:10. Praise the Lord!

And His little pushes are His grace at work in my life.

No comments: