Tuesday, April 20, 2010

GoG 102: The Dunes

Last week, I took a solitude day trip to the Indiana Dunes. What a marvelous afternoon! .... I love Michigan Lake. It's one of my favorite places to be. I love the mountains, and I love lakes. If I ever moved away from my little town, I would move to either Michigan near the lake or Tennessee in the mountains. Mmm .... I love 'em!!!!

So I took a day trip to the dunes .... I sat next to the lake and read. I walked along the shoreline letting the waves hit my feet while running my fingers over the smoothest rock I've ever touched. I sat next to the lake, digging my feet into the sand, closing my eyes, and breathing in the brisk lake air and feeling the warm sun on my back. I listened to the waves crash against the sand. I watched little kids play in the waves and sand. I wrote prayers in the sand as I walked. I just took it all in.

God made something as wonderful and amazing as Lake Michigan, and I got to experience it for 4 glorious hours last Tuesday. And that, my friends ... is grace.

No comments: