Friday, April 23, 2010

Heart Thoughts

Oh, Lord!!!! I need you! I always need you ... my need never ends ... it never even starts to dwindle ... because I am NOTHING without you. I can do NOTHING without you. I don't even wanna try. Please forgive me for the times that I go off on my own ... the times when I let my pride or worries get in the way. Help me to trust you with my ENTIRE being - with all that I am, Lord, help me to know your will and do it!

Lord, there are so many things on my heart tonight. I want to help my hurting kids. I want a husband. I want further training in my calling. I want to solve all the problems of all those who hurt. I want to be ALL for you ... the complete woman of God you've called me to be. I want to be full of grace and truth instead of worry and hypocrisy and lacking trust in you.

Lord, please help me. Help me trust you. Help me grow in you. Help me simply talk to you. Please discipline me, Lord ... to spend more time with you ... to take better care of myself ... to serve others first.

Lord, I pray for your guidance. You know that I want to serve in this mighty calling you've placed on my life .... with all that I am, I want to do my best with SoZo! But I feel so inadequate! Please help me trust that you will bring the right people to serve at the right time, that you will use my skills and my weaknesses to strengthen my kids in a way that only you can because you are made strong in my weaknesses. Help me trust you with this, Lord. But also ... help me know your will. You know I want further training ... please help me seek your face for direction. Do you want me to go back to school? And for what exactly? Do you want me to stay here? I will. I will, Lord. Are you going to bring me a husband to love me and push me to love you more? Will we work in ministry together? How will you provide for the needs of my kids? I love them more than life ... but I am at a loss to help them overcome their pain and struggles. Help me realize that it is not I who can help them ... but you. How will you do it? Will you do it soon? ..... What will come of this little life?

Lord! Wherever you want me. Whatever you want me to do. I will do it. I will go, Lord. Give me peace and strength in the waiting process. I do love you. I do trust you ... deep down. Don't let my flesh tell me otherwise. You are Lord. You are God. You are the One who is mighty to save ... mighty to lead ... mighty to overcome my weaknesses and sin ... mighty to love me completely ... mighty to use me for your glory ... mighty. Thank you, Jesus, for your mighty purpose for my life. Teach me to trust you with all of my heart and mind. Teach me to maintain an eternal perspective so that I can honor you with my life. Teach me to know you better and love you more. I love you, Lord. Please .... be glorified in me. I give you all the glory and honor and praise and utmost devotion tonight ... for your abundance of grace and love and strength ... and Lord ... because you ARE the Lord ... because you ARE my God. Thank you for being the master and ruler and sustainer and savior of my life. Oh Jesus, thank you. Thank you.

1 comment:

bmhs said...

AMEN!

Lovely heart thoughts.
Mature heart thoughts.
Childlike heart thoughts. (in a good way! a Matt. 18 way)

Made me think of a song. Have you ever heard "His Provision"?

Here are the lyrics:

At the moment of my weakness,
When my need for pow'r is plain,
And my own strength is exhausted once again,
Then my Lord has made provision
For the day of my despair,
And His precious Holy Spirit hears my prayer, my prayer,
Then my Lord has made provision
For the day of my despair,
And His precious Holy Spirit hears my prayer.

CHORUS:
Holy Spirit! Promised Presence fall on me.
Holy Spirit! Make me all I long to be.
Holy Spirit! Holy Spirit!
Give your pow'r to me,
O Holy Spirit.

When the darkness falls around me,
When bewildered and afraid,
When I feel the most deserted and betrayed,
Then my ev'ry need is answered
By God's providential care,
And His precious Holy Spirit hears my prayer, my prayer,
Then my ev'ry need in answered
BY God's providential care,
And His precious Holy Spirit hears my prayer.

CHORUS
Nothing now can rob God's servant
Of the peace that He bequeaths,
Nothing take away the strength His presence breathes,
Of the everlasting arms of love,
And His precious Holy Spirit hears my prayer, my prayer,
of the everlasting arms of love I'm daily made aware,
And His precious Holy Spirit hears my prayer.
CHORUS

That song's been a GOG for me this week! :)
Alex