Wednesday, January 13, 2010

GoG 11: The Chuck Spotting

On to Monday, the 11th. .... Monday night, I went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakel with my CCF, Hannah. Yes, we love the chipmunks. They are cute. They sing. They dance. They are just fun. :) .... Well, I've been watching this TV series called "Chuck." Heard of it? Uncle Mike got me hooked on it. The summary of the story behind this TV show, if you haven't seen it, is this guy named Chuck somehow gets all of the government's secrets downloaded into his brain, so a couple of CIA agents are sent to protect him: Sarah Walker and John Casey. Each episode of the series is filled with various situations where Sarah and Casey protect Chuck from being discovered as "the intersect," the guy with the government secrets in his head. All the while, Sarah and Chuck fall in love, so each show reveals the dynamics of how they can't be together because she's the agent and he's the protected, ect. So ... if you like action and you like gushy love stuff ... you'd most likely like this series. .... Okay ... well, as much as I can fall in love with an actor, I love Chuck! He is adorable, charming, sensitive, courageous, looks out for the needs of others ... ya know, all the qualities a girl wants in a guy.

Alright. I'm sure you're wondering where that came from. After all, I started off this post talking about Alvin and the Chipmunks. So let's get back to 'em. Really, I brought that movie up because Chuck (yes, Zachary Levi - Chuck's real-life name) was the main guy in Alvin and the Chipmunks. .... You can ask Hannah Baker ... I started freaking out when I saw Chuck ... or Toby, as he was called in the chipmunks movie. Posing as a bum of a guy for most of the movie, he got his act together by the end ... and was still just as adorable and fun and charming as Chuck. What fun! ... And guess what? Hannah is now hooked on Chuck too! Nice .....

This Chuck spotting in The Squeakel is my glimpse of grace for the day because I got so much excitement out of seeing this silly Zachary Levi guy in this movie. Getting excited about actors and actresses, cartoons, video games, Colts' games, ect. is God's grace in action because He gives us joy in everyday things. It may sound like a stretch to say that, but really. God loves us enough to give us goofy things to get excited about. Obviously, we should be careful with how much time and energy we put into anything or anyone that is not Jesus Christ, but allowing us joy in the simple things is just one way that God shows us He cares about us. For me to almost come out of my seat with joy when I saw Chuck on the chipmunks movie was silly ... probably even ridiculous ... but it was so much fun! And I think God wants us to find joy in the simple things. Being serious all the time is no fun ... and it's also hard on the soul.

Proverbs 17:22
"A cheerful heart is a good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."

1 comment:

bmhs said...

Only Mical....:)