Wednesday, January 13, 2010

GoG 13: The Changing Seasons

Alright. One more for the night. I am finally caught up after this one! :D .... Today, I met with Alex, my most faithful blog follower, surrender sister, and friend. We meet from time to time to have "Jesus Talks," as we like to call 'em. Alex is one of those cool Jesus people. She loves the Lord with all she is, and it really shows in everything she is and does. That's why we call 'em Jesus Talks ... because she always points us to Jesus. She's pretty great. She also likes to hike out by busy streets and run ahead so I can barely catch her ... but we'll save that story for another day. ;) Just teasin' ya, Alex! :D:D:D

Anyway ... today, we were just finishing up our walk through her neighborhood, standing in her driveway, when we, like I just said .... were standing. Yep ... just standing. We didn't stand in silence for too long, but it was great. Today was a beautiful day. It was warmer than it's been in several weeks ... the sun was shining, and there was a cool breeze. Alex said it felt a little like spring with the warmth of the sun and the birds chirping. As we stood there, enjoying the warm(er) weather, standing in silence, I breathed in the cool January air, listened to the birds chirping and the wind rustling the trees, and I looked up at the pure, blue sky. It was gorgeous for those few moments. And I turned to Alex and said, "This is our glimpse of grace for today."

And it was. We chatted for a minute about how not only the gorgeous day was His grace in action but how the changing seasons are His grace. We don't deserve variety. We don't deserve the fun each season brings, the beauty each brings. But God gives 'em anyway.

So the next time you think, "I hate winter. It's so cold out here." think about God's grace. :)

1 comment:

bmhs said...

"...She also likes to hike out by busy streets and run ahead so I can barely catch her ... but we'll save that story for another day. ;)"

Hey, now, it was good for you. Put some steel in your spirit. :)
You were a good sport.

Thank you for the sweet words, and for meeting with me yesterday!
Alex