Sunday, January 3, 2010

GoG 3: The Pearl

"The kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls, and upon finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it."
Matthew 13:45-46

Today's sermon was God's grace in action for me. Pastor Roger spoke about "being all in" last week, and this week he expanded on this message by reminding us that in being all in, we should consider God to be that pearl of great value just as He considers us His pearl of great value.

God's grace, in this circumstance, is the fact that God sent Jesus to die. Jesus went and sold all He had and bought us by dying on the cross for our sins. We are His pearl of great value. I am God's pearl. Man, that is exciting!

But part of God's grace in this story is my response. Now that I know the sacrifice Jesus made so that I could be His, how am I going to respond to that sacrifice? And that's where being all in comes into the picture. Everday, I must put away my selfish ambitions and say "yes!" to the heart and mind and life that God not only has for me but wants me to live for His glory.

God's grace is that He not only gave up everything for me, but He also loves me so much that He won't allow me to stay the way I am.

So what will our response be?

2 comments:

bakerhj said...

Mical! I love you and I love your blog! I can't wait to see what God is doing in your life every day! Thank you for committing to this project and to "going all in!" :D

bmhs said...

You put it well. I love the fact that God loves me where I am, but loves me too much to leave me there.

Sell it all. Be all in. Have no reservations about Jesus Christ.

Go! Go! Go!

Alex