Monday, January 18, 2010

GoG 17: The Wait

Yesterday's GoG came in the form of a song. I think I've shared it on my blog before ... a long time ago ... but it's really good. Here it is again ...........

While I'm Waiting
By: John Waller

I'm waiting ... I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on you, Lord, though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will not fade
I'll be runnin' the race, even while I wait

I'm waiting ... I'm waiting on You, Lord, and I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord, though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait


I was listening to this song on my way home from church on Sunday afternoon ... just feeling down because most of my friends are getting married and having babies and well ... they're leaving me. Even if they aren't moving away (which some of them are!), they are still leaving me because they are in a different season of life ... a season I can't really be apart of. I was really sad. I was on the verge of tears before I even left the church. And when I got in the car, this song popped in my mind, so I put it on. And it was my glimpse of grace because of what I just typed ... the lyrics. The lyrics of this song are so powerful. .... I'm in a season of waiting. I don't know where God is leading. All of my plans have been changed. I am not where I thought I'd be at this stage in my life. I'm not in a bad place ... not at all ... I'm where God wants me. But I'm waiting on Him for direction in so many ways. I'm waiting for Him to give me a husband ... I'm waiting for the results of my test ... for direction after I have those results ... ministries ... I'm waiting.

But I love this song because it reminds me that no matter what season I'm in ... whether waiting, exciting, hurting, changing, ect. .... I MUST serve Him, worship Him, seek Him, honor Him while I wait. And that's what I want to do! I want to serve Jesus Christ while I wait on Him for direction ... for His plan and purpose for my life. And that's what God was reminding me of yesterday afternoon. "Mical, so much is changing for you, but I do not change. Serve Me while you wait. I love you, dear child." And so I will serve my Lord .... while I wait.

1 comment:

bmhs said...

That song is always an encouragement to me, too. You are gaining much wisdom in this area! Your post reminded me of this quote from Eric Ludy:

“Waiting is an art form.

There is a kind of waiting that is good for the soul, it builds it stronger, purges it of all trifling thoughts, purifies the expectations, makes one more like Jesus Christ, and builds a mighty faith within.

And there is another kind of waiting that deteriorates the souls, it turns one inward to self-pity, gross imaginations of impending disaster, anxiety and fear, discouragement, and ultimately despair.

Ironically, the decision lies in our court as to which one of these two kinds of waiting we will experience.

The term that best describes this stretch is, “holy expectation.” Our God is doing a wonderful work that all the earth may know that the Almighty Jehovah is faithful and true.”

-Eric Ludy-