Friday, May 14, 2010

GoG 116: The Walk Through Hummel Park

I've been taking lots of walks lately. I love to walk. I'd love to say that it's a great time of prayer and contemplation, but really ... it's not. I find it extra difficult to concentrate when I'm walking. My thoughts are everywhere! It's like my mind speeds up ... the thoughts are bouncing around a million miles a minute! I'm not sure why. It's odd to me. So ... the only time it's great for prayer or contemplation is when I talk/pray out loud ... which can get a little creepy for fellow walkers/joggers/bikers. He he he. So ... I try to only talk to myself when no one is around. But! It's always funny when someone comes around the bend when you don't expect it ... or a quiet runner "sneaks" up behind you ... or you just keep looking over your shoulder to make sure no one is coming. It's just hilarious, really. :)

But anyways ... walks are wonderful. Even though I don't usually get much prayer/deep thinking done ... it's peaceful ... and it really helps me clear my mind. I try to walk for at least an hour when I go for walks ... so by the time I'm done, I feel like all the millions of thoughts bouncin' around a million miles a minute are gone ... tired ... leaked out ... and I feel more relaxed and focused than when I started. :)

I often walk at the park nearest to my house ... but the Avon Town Hall Park is really pretty too. But for GoG 116, I went for a walk at the Plainfield Park (Hummel). And I found some trails and a side of the park I have never seen before. Awesome! It's my new favorite park to walk in. It was great to walk on the path under trees, near lakes, around bends ... did you know that there is beautiful lake behind Hummel Park? What? We have a lake in Hendricks County??? I was stoked!!!! And those simple joys in a walk through the park were my glimpse of grace that day.

No comments: