Thursday, May 20, 2010

GoG 133: The Indiana Beauty

When you travel around the U.S., which states are your favorite? Which sites do you get the most excited about? I love Michigan and Tennessee! I love the lake and the mountains! .... Do you ever say "Oh, I pick Indiana! Man, what a cool state! Can't wait to go back there!" ??? Ha! Yeah ... didn't think so.

I think Indiana gets a bad wrap sometimes. I've heard people say "There's nothing to do in Indiana. There's nothing to see in Indiana. Indiana is boring." Have you heard that? I sometimes agree with them. But in the back of my mind, I always feel a little bummed. I think, "Hey, Indiana is cool too. I love Indiana. Hey, that's my home you're talking about!" Indiana may not have gorgeous mountains or a cool lake or "memorable" sites to see ... but it is still cool in its own way.

I say all of that to say ... I found my glimpse of grace in the "sites" of Indiana one day last week ... right in Danville actually. I was on my way somewhere, drivin' toward town, and I looked out my window at the fields .... the fields of Danville, Indiana. I saw the wide-open space ... I saw the trees against a blue sky ... I saw the green of the trees and the blue of the sky and the white of the clouds .... it was really pretty. And I got to thinking about how God really does know what He's doing. He made all of that. He made the trees and the fields and the sky and the clouds. He put those things together ... He put those colors together. He made Indiana. And it's all beautiful!!!!

So ... what did you say your favorite state was again? Indiana is pretty cool. Don't dis it! ;)

No comments: