Sunday, May 30, 2010

GoG 141: The Grace Afterall

Well, I'm behind again ....

So last Saturday was the end of one of the busiest weeks I've had in a while. I had been meeting with friends, meeting with my SoZo kids, getting things ready for our SoZo mission trip ... just go, go, go all week. It was utter madness, really. Last Saturday, I had planned to go see a couple of my SoZo guys play soccer in the afternoon ... then I was headed to a friend's house for the evening - it was gonna be a long day. Well, I ended up running late, and since I wasn't going to make it to the first soccer game on time ... and I was so stressed and overwhelmed to the point of tears ... I decided not to go to the games at the last minute. I didn't want to go to my friend's house at the end of the day either - I was just so exhausted from a super long week! But grace came to me as it always does. :)

Rather than going to the games, I was able to rest. I plopped down on the couch and watched a movie. I made my "world-famous" rice crispy treats. I made the drive to Beech Grove to hang out with some friends. And it was a marvelous evening. Not only did I get to rest after a long and crazy week, I got to hang out with some pretty cool guys. We played games; we ate dinner; we laughed ... it was a pretty fun night. And oh what grace ... to rest, to laugh, to fellowship. Thank you, Lord!

No comments: